Saturday, July 12, 2014

Dining In / Dining Out

These days I've been dining in more so than dining out. Certain ingredients are always available in my pantry or freezer and I love to experiment with as yet untried combinations.

More often than not the new recipes are foisted off on unsuspecting consumers. In one such instance I made a casserole of baby potatoes, artichokes, several cheeses and home grown herbs which I baked until ready. I took the dish to a memorial service for a friend where it disappeared in a manner that made me feel as if I made the right choice.  There were an abundant number of plates of fruit and cheeses, but I always enjoy doing things a bit differently.

Tonight, though, I plan on going to The Laughing Pint to attend the opening of an exhibit of photographs. While there I'll have one or two of their always delicious items. It's a form of synaesthesia for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment