Saturday, September 17, 2011

Omnivoracity

Actually I have no idea if the title word is authentic or a simply a word of convenience.  However I'm sticking to it.


I've never cared to follow any particular cooking/food style or regimen but several times a week I find myself cooking or ordering a vegetarian meal. Tonight's menu is, in fact, one of those times.


I'm preparing a vegetable lasagna using fresh zucchini, a variety of mushrooms, artichoke hearts, garlic and  onion and slowly roasting them in good olive oil, salt and pepper.  It's quicker to just add them to the cheese and pasta mixture but roasting just makes it so much more delicious.  When the veggies are finished I'll ladle into the baking pan some fresh tomato sauce, add some fresh lasagna noodles and alternate layers with ricotta, mozzarella, shredded parm, then add some of the vegetables, then repeat. 


Since my two guests have different wine preferences I'll be serving an Italian Soave Classico and a Chateau Ste Michelle Merlot, 2009.  

No comments:

Post a Comment